Thursday, September 27, 2012

Princess Ball

Our Stake put on a Princess Ball for all the primary age girls and their fathers...or uncle, or grandpa...

So we practiced some different hairstyles trying to get ready for her Ball!!

We put her hair in curlers and messed around to try and find a cute princess 'doo!

So I tried a little twist on the sides...

That looked pretty cute, but I felt it was still lacking. 

Abby was all over the place! She was really excited to have a princess hair-doo.


Then I took the rest of the curls and twisted them up, and let the ends just dangle!
Abby started dancing on the table!

Abigail: "Who me?"
Caleb: "Stay off the table, Abby!"

The back of her hair.


And I also made her a Princess Gown!!! 
Here she is the night of the ball!

The pattern I had, to make the dress, was actually the wrong size!! : /
So I made my own pattern to fit Abby!

She was sooo excited to go dance with Daddy!!

I think Daddy was pretty excited too!

Ooooo!!

I did a little nicer twist on the side for the night of her ball. 

And here's the back of her dress!! Since I invested so much time and money into this dress, I wanted it to fit her for a while! So I thought of the "synch" style for the back so that it can expand with her as she grows!! 


I made bows for the sleeves...

and took one of the lace flowers from the bottom of the dress and added it to the waist line for a little accent!

I had a lot of fun making this dress for Abby; designing, pattern work, and the actual sewing! It was a lot of work and a little stressful cause I was pressed for time, but all in all, a really fun project!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOODNESS! That is BEAUTIFUL!!! you did a Great Job on the dress! and on Abby's Hair! She is Gorgeous!!! My GIRLS WOULD ABSOLUTELY LOVE to go to a Ball Like that! I wish our stake did that!!!! I love all the daddy daughter shots too! priceless memories for sweet Abby and her daddy! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT ALL!

Melissa said...

You made that dress?! It is so cute! What a great Stake activity idea. JJ would have so much fun doing something like that with our girls.